USA Pickleball’s Community Grant Program will provide current USA Pickleball members a maximum of $250 reimbursement for the purchase of qualified pickleball equipment dedicated to a specific start-up location.
- You must be a current USA Pickleball member 18 years of age or older. If you are not a member, CLICK HERE.
- Your designated location must be listed in “Places 2 Play” at the time the grant application is submitted.
- Awards are limited to one grant per location (lifetime).
- Federal and state agencies and private residences are not eligible.
- You must agree to the terms and conditions set forth in the USA Pickleball Community Grant Program. See Terms and Conditions below.
List of qualified pickleball equipment eligible for reimbursement:
- Portable net(s) purchased from USA Pickleball
- Maximum one dozen (12) pickleballs
- Markers for court lines (painter’s tape, chalk, etc. or equivalent products; this line item may be reimbursed up to $75.00)
- One (1) USA Pickleball rulebook
Special consideration may be given to locations with:
- Written “new player” training programs
- Areas with few pickleball locations in the vicinity
- Individuals and groups that USA Pickleball deems most in need of financial assistance
- Veterans Programs
Grant Administrative Details:
- Grants will generally be reviewed for approval on a first-come first-served basis until the Grant funding for the current calendar year is exhausted.
- The maximum reimbursement to any one location is $250.
- Grant reimbursements will only be valid for 90 days from the date of the award letter.
- Other Frequently Asked Questions are listed below.
By accepting a USA Pickleball Community Grant, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth below.
- Grant approvals are made on reimbursement basis only. Within ninety (90) days following grant approval, you must send a copy of your receipt(s) and the award letter to the USA Pickleball Finance Department for your grant to become valid and effective. The receipt(s) should clearly show the person or organization that paid for the equipment, product(s) purchased, the cost of each product and total amount. The grant number must be clearly identified when submitting receipts for reimbursement. Please identify the mailing address for the reimbursement check if different than the grant approval letter.
- The equipment you purchase with grant funds is to be used solely for the project as described in your Grant Application.
- Your pickleball program must adhere to all USA Pickleball rules and standards.
- Your pickleball program must adhere to all federal, state and local health and safety laws, regulations and mandates as well as those rules implemented by individual facilities.
- You agree, as grant awardee, to update the Official USA Pickleball Places 2 Play grant location listing a minimum of every six months.
- You agree that you will encourage all players in your pickleball program to become USA Pickleball members.
- By accepting this grant, you agree that USA Pickleball and its authorized vendors and contractors may use photographs, logos, published/printed information, and any other materials you supply us, without further notice, in our press releases, electronic or printed publications, or for any other purpose that falls within USA Pickleball’s mission of promoting the growth and development of pickleball.
- The decisions of USA Pickleball on matters involving the Community Grant Program are final, binding and not appealable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are the grants only available for new locations? The USA Pickleball Community Grant program is designed to help members establish new pickleball playing locations. Our limited funds do not allow us to support existing sites. Once established, groups have to depend on their members or organization to finance growth through donations, dues, fees, etc.
How can I list my new location on the USA Pickleball Places 2 Play website when I do not have a net? You must list the new location with the anticipated start date and startup details. If your new program is dependent on grant approval, please include in your listing's Comment section: "USA Pickleball Grant applied for---we hope to start offering pickleball at this location soon." USA Pickleball cannot issue an award for any location not listed on Places 2 Play.
How do I add the new site to USA Pickleball’s Places 2 Play listing? See the Places 2 Play Help Guide.
Can I submit receipts for equipment purchased prior to the grant being awarded? USA Pickleball will honor receipts for reimbursement of equipment purchased up to 90 days prior to the grant being approved. Be aware that not every grant application is approved and only nets purchased through USA Pickleball are reimbursable.
Why is the Community Grant program limited to the United States? Due to budget constraints, the USA Pickleball board decided that available funds could be more effectively used in the United States.
Why are paddles NOT on the qualified equipment list? Paddles are not allowable primarily because of their relatively high cost. Paddles are typically a personal choice and most players will purchase their paddles based on a variety of characteristics. We recommend that you solicit donations from local sources or from fundraising activities to buy paddles.
What is the reason for awarding grants on a first-come-first served system? The faster the available grant funds are transferred to eligible member applicants, the more benefit the community receives and the sooner it can begin its pickleball program.
Can I make a tax deductible donation specifically to the USA Pickleball Community Grant Program? Yes. Donations to USA Pickleball may be earmarked for the Community Grant Program and qualify as a contribution to a charitable 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation to the extent allowed by law.
The USA Pickleball grant committee is proud to share the ongoing results of grant programs and highlight the contributions of our grant corporate sponsors. The grant programs continue to facilitate the advancement and growth of pickleball in our local communities. The grant reimbursement program allows communities and schools to invest in the sport of pickleball. USA Pickleball members, through membership activities and events, pick up some, if not all, of the cost of the new location’s startup equipment. Click here for the Grant Impact page.