Summer is quickly approaching and USA Pickleball wants to help you create the perfect Summer Pickleball Camp! Nothing better than our youth getting together this summer to learn how to play the fastest growing sport in America. Let us provide helpful resources to your community organization to setup the perfect pickleball camp.
We encourage you to share these steps with your local schools, parks and recreation departments, youth camp organizers, etc. to get a camp setup in your community.
5 STEPS TO CREATING THE PERFECT PICKLEBALL CAMP
- STEP 1: Determine Location & Obtain Needed Clearances.
- Determine if the program will be offered in a school, at a park or youth center. Also, be sure to follow required policies (facility availability, background screening, insurance, etc.) to ensure compliance when offering a program.
- STEP 2: Secure Staff & Volunteers
- In settings in which volunteers are utilized, it is best to keep between 1:4 and 1:8 student to adult ratios to help with behavior management and ensure accelerated skill development.
- STEP 3: Obtain Equipment
- It is recommended to have one paddle and one pickleball per participant, although equipment can be shared with kids rotating in and out of fun game formats.
- STEP 4: Promote & Register
- Promote the camp locally via school, park and/or youth center communications and setup a registration tool for participants.
- STEP 5: Access Free Resources & Become a Youth Program Provider
- Access free resources from USA Pickleball and learn more about our Youth Program Provider Membership so that you can receive a dynamic youth pickleball playbook, engaging instructional videos and deeply discounted equipment. Learn more about our Youth Program Provider (YPP) Membership and other valuable resources on our website: USAPickleball.org/Resources