The USA Pickleball Diamond Amateur Championship, presented by Fortune Tires, will be held Dec. 3-10 and hosted by Pictona at Holly Hill in Florida—one of the nation’s finest facilities, featuring 49 courts. Diamond Amateur Championship gold medalists will earn Golden Tickets—the ability to pre-register—for the 2024 USA Pickleball National Championships.
Phase 1: Pre-Registration for all Diamond Regional Gold and Silver Passport winners - October 9-11, 2023
Phase 2: Lottery for all Diamond Regional Tournament Participants - October 13-15, 2023
Phase 3: Open Registration: Starts October 17, 2023
USA Pickleball Diamond Amateur Championship Qualification:
- All Gold Medalists from the 2022 Diamond Amateur Championship in Pictona are eligible to register for the confirmed brackets of the 2023 USA Pickleball National Championships prior to September 8, 2023.
- All remaining players from the 12 Diamond Amateur Regional tournaments as well as the 2022 Diamond Amateur Championships are eligible and can register for the 2023 USA Pickleball National Championships before September 8, 2023 for lottery consideration.
- All players must pay at the time of registration to secure their spot on the non-confirmed list and be considered for the lottery which will take place on September 8, 2023.
- ALL PLAYERS MUST BE CURRENT USAP MEMBERS
Additional Player Information:
- Combined brackets in the Diamond Regionals will award medals, as well as pre-registration for Gold and Silver medalists, for the Diamond Amateur Championship within each event that comprises the combined bracket.
- All players that participate in a 2023 Diamond Regional tournament prior to August 1, 2023 become eligible to take part in the lottery for the 2023 USA Pickleball National Championship. Players that participate in a 2023 Diamond Regional tournament after August 1, 2023 become eligible to take part in the 2024 USA Pickleball National Championship lottery.
- Likewise, combined brackets in the Diamond Amateur Championship will award medals. In addition, gold medal winners of all brackets, including combined brackets winners, will receive Golden Tickets to the 2024 USA Pickleball National Championships.
- Players that are registered to play in a 70+, 75+, or 80+ brackets in a Diamond Regional tournament and the bracket must be combined due to a lack of teams, ALL players in said bracket will receive a Diamond Passport to the Diamond Amateur Championships. This is to encourage more participation in Diamond Regional events for 70 and above age groups.
- A doubles player is not required to play alongside the same partner with whom he/she earned eligibility for Phase I pre-registration. However, if the new replacement partner did not also qualify for Phase I pre-registration, the doubles team will not be able to register until either Phase II or Phase III.
- All events, including singles, will offer a pool-play format. If there are not enough teams for pool play, then a round-robin bracket will be played.
- The top-four teams (from each pool or round-robin bracket) will move forward to the next round.
- All pool-play matches, as well as all pre-medal matches, will be one game to 15, win by two points. The medal matches will be best two-out-of-three games, win by two points.
- The gold-medal winners of each event will earn a Golden Ticket to the 2024 USA Pickleball National Championships.
This is a MMP format with our goal to have referees for all matches.