There are two ways to obtain an Official USA Pickleball Rating.
If you have never played in a tournament or it has been longer than 3 years since you played, you can obtain an official USA Pickleball Self-Rating by following these steps:
- Be a member in good standing or join USA Pickleball if you are not a member! Click here to join!
- Review the skill level definitions and determine your 2-digit skill level
- Email a request to be self-rated at your determined skill level to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a letter of support from one of the following people familiar with your game:
- an experienced USA Pickleball Tournament Rated Player
- a USA Pickleball Tournament Director
- a USA Pickleball Ambassador
- During the Player Review Phase of USA Pickleball Tournament Player Rating introduction, if you have participated in a tournament that used PickleballTournaments.com, please indicate that in your email request. If you feel it is accurate, we may use that as the foundation for your legacy rating.
- Upon receipt of the request, the Ratings Administrator will review your request, document the support letter and make a decision, and will inform you via email of the decision.
- This rating then becomes an “S” rating in USA Pickleball ratings file and will be the foundation for the T rating if the player participates in tournaments. If the player does not participate in a tournament, the rating will remain an S rating and will not update.
Note: Beginning January 22, 2019 the above process will be eliminated. Players will be able to bypass this process and simply add their self-rating on their PickleballTournaments.com profile. USA Pickleball strongly encourages members to seek self-ratings guidance from experienced USA Pickleball tournament-rated players, USA Pickleball tournament directors and USA Pickleball ambassadors.
Automatic Tournament Rating
Once you have played in a tournament that used PickleballTournaments.com, the official sanctioned tournament software of USA Pickleball, your ratings will begin to adjust automatically based on tournament results. Your self rating will then become an official USA Pickleball Tournament Player Rating (UTPR). Players will have separate USA Pickleball Tournament Player Ratings for each event category played including: men’s singles, women’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s doubles and mixed doubles.
For more information on how USA Pickleball Tournament Pickleball Rating is calculated click here.