USA PICKLEBALL DIRECTOR OF PARTNERSHIP ACTIVATION
The Director of Partnership Activation is an exempt, full-time position that reports to the Managing Director of Partnerships and is part of the Marketing Department. The Director of Partnership Activation oversees the Corporate Partnership Activation Team which involves building strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders, provides processes and procedures that effectively service, implementation and fulfill corporate partners with USA Pickleball.
USA PICKLEBALL SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
USA Pickleball is accepting applications for a degreed accountant (position title is subject to change). In this role, you’ll play an important role in our company’s financial operations ensuring accuracy in accounting and compliance with the law. The position is expected to manage and interact effectively with all levels of the organization. This position will report to the Controller.
USA PICKLEBALL BOARD OF DIRECTORS & COMMITTEE MEMBER
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit National Governing Body, USA Pickleball achieves its mission -- and accomplishes many of its strategic objectives -- through the dedication of volunteer leadership. This includes a competency-based Board of Directors, as well as Committee members.
USA Pickleball is governed by the Board of Directors, which, in conjunction with the senior executive team, determines the organizational vision. The Board of Directors has general oversight of the finances and business affairs of USA Pickleball. It defines the policies to be followed in planning and executing operations as set down in the by-laws. Committees advise the Board of Directors and staff to promote, grow and support pickleball at all levels across the United States.
USA Pickleball is accepting expressions of interest on an ongoing basis for volunteer (unpaid) roles on the 2023 Board of Directors and various Committees. Qualified candidates will be experts in their respective field who are passionate and knowledgeable about pickleball -- the nation's fastest-growing sport. Those who serve on the Board and/or Committees must be USA Pickleball members. To apply, please click the button below.
EXPECTATIONS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AS A WHOLE:
The mission of USA Pickleball is to promote the growth and development of pickleball in the U.S. and its territories. As the highest leadership body of the organization, and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the Board of Directors is responsible for:
- Determining the mission and purposes of USA Pickleball and monitoring adherence
- Selecting the CEO and evaluating the performance of the CEO
- Strategic and organizational planning, and monitoring its progress
- Establishing and maintaining policies
- Providing strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Resource development
- Approving and monitoring USA Pickleball's programs and services
- Enhancing USA Pickleball's public image and promoting the organization
- Assessing the Board’s performance as the governing body of pickleball
- Recruiting and selecting quality candidates for Board positions
EXPECTATIONS OF INDIVIDUAL BOARD MEMBERS:
Each individual Board member is expected to:
- Know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- Faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- Serve as active advocates for USA Pickleball and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and corporate partnerships necessary for it to advance its mission
- Actively maintain and implement the Official Pickleball Rules
- Leverage affiliations, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve its mission
- Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings and retreats
- Participate fully in committees and task forces
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the sport and its history
- Follow USA Pickleball's bylaws and policies
- Sign confidentiality agreements and conflict-of-interest disclosures, as well as disclose potential conflicts before meetings and actual conflicts during meetings
- Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of USA Pickleball
- Serve without compensation