Referees and Line Judges are an important part of tournament play and enjoy giving their time and energy to this great sport!
All the resources you need, and the steps toward becoming an official, are provided below.
Click any of the sections below to expand and view additional information.
All the resources you need, as well as a complete explanation of the steps toward becoming an official, are provided below.
NOTE: Any item with an asterisk ( * ) requires a USA Pickleball membership login for access.
- Official Rulebook (rev. 1/1/2023)
- Purchase Hardcopy of the Official Rulebook
- Official Rulebook Change Document (rev. 1/8/23)
- Rules Summary
- Mini Singles Instructions (rev. 8/8/22)
- Officiating Handbook* (rev. 2/1/23)
- Referee Casebook* (rev. 3/15/23)
- Sportsmanship Guide (rev. 8/19/21)
- Equipment Standards Manual
- Approved Paddle List
- Approved Ball List
Level 1 to Level 2 Referee / Registered Referee Trainer Boot Camp - Participants attend the in-person Boot Camp Sept 8-14, 2023. Applications will be accepted from March 10 through April 2, 2023
Find a Referee
- Referee Search Tool:
- Certified Referee
- Certified Referee Coordinator
- Referee Training Coordinator
- Registered Referee Trainer
- Organization Chart (RTCs & CRCs)
- Ask a Ref