The Role of Ambassadors
As Ambassadors, you are volunteer representatives and unofficial spokespersons for the geographical area you represent. Your primary responsibility is to promote and grow the sport of pickleball. As an enthusiast, you never stop promoting the sport wherever you go.
- Support the mission of USA Pickleball, which is to promote the development and growth of pickleball in the United States and its territories.
- Promote and encourage USA Pickleball memberships through our marketing brochures and by directing potential members to our website (usapickleball.org). This includes becoming familiar with and knowledgeable of all aspects of a USA Pickleball membership, especially the overall value and benefits. View Membership FAQ'S.
- Encourage and support the identification of and development of the Places2Play program (www.places2play.org). This includes expanding and maintaining “Places2Play” on USA Pickleball website within your designated Ambassador geographical area. All listings should be updated at least once a year, even if the information has not changed so that the “Updated Date” is not more than one year old.
- Promote and maintain communications within your pickleball community with other pickleball players, USA Pickleball members, Ambassadors, Area Team Liaisons, District Ambassadors, Assistant Regional Directors, and Regional Directors.
- Become familiar, knowledgeable, compliant, and supportive of USA Pickleball standards for Ambassadorships including but not limited to: official pickleball rules, the Ambassador Code of Conduct, required criminal background check (Click here for more information).
- Become familiar and knowledgeable with the Ambassador-only materials in the Ambassador Academy (aka Ambassador Toolkit)
- Promote goodwill with other Ambassadors, players, facility representatives, Tournament Directors, and the general public.
- Refrain from publicly criticizing USA Pickleball and its rules, policies, goals, projects, officers, staff, members, or operations. Ambassadors are team players who work to promote, not oppose, USA Pickleball.
- Refrain from signing any document, including letters, which could place USA Pickleball or themselves at risk for a legal claim for damages or a lawsuit. Ambassadors are not authorized to make agreements on behalf of USA Pickleball, give legal advice, or make guarantees.